How to Duck under Attacks in the Martial Arts
Designed to duck under attacks or moving objects while protecting the head.
- Bend the knees and lower the body by stepping out keeping the back straight and head up
- Lift the forearms above the head to form a roof shape for added protection
- Eyes remain aware of your surroundings chin is slightly pulled in
- Hands are palm down above or near your head with elbows to side to make a “roof” position so attacks can slide off or over you easier
- Lower one’s own center of gravity
- Duck under attacks or moving objects
- Duck up and down for strength building and endurance.